We could not continue to function without the generous support and service of our community of donors and volunteers. Please consider these ways to support our school:
- Join us in-person as a volunteer or student
- Buy a gift certificate
- Donate to support the school and our efforts to connect with people of all income levels
- Get us something from our wish list
- Share our contact information with friends and family
All of our instructors started out as students and volunteers, and progressed to assistant instructors before coming on as full time instructors. Stepping through the MPSS door not only gives you the opportunity to become reconnected to your ancestors and the earth, but also to become part of our community, and learn how to teach and spread this sacred knowledge on to following generations. Here are a few of the reasons our volunteers value their time helping out at our campus:
- To make new friends and meet fellow students
- To be part of a community
- To express generosity
- To help support and sustain scholarships
- To share expertise and knowledge
- To assist with a special course or project
- To enjoy the restorative beauty of MPSS and its surroundings
- To have fun!
Ways to Volunteer
- Administrative support: Assist with data entry and office tasks.
- Technical support: MPSS is seeking volunteers to assist with graphic design, database management, and onsite technical operations.
- Gardening support: All green thumbs and enthusiastic helpers – come and get your hands dirty! Join the team of garden volunteers who sustain the landscape at MPSS. Meet community members while spending time outdoors and participate in a large scale permaculture design installation. No gardening experience is necessary.
- Work Exchange: Work Exchange positions are designed for those who wish to participate in a course they have previously completed. Volunteers work alongside our instructors and staff in exchange for mentoring, skill development, and the opportunity to participate in an ongoing course at no charge. Work exchange volunteers are expected to work approximately 3 hours per day for the duration of the course. Tasks may include organizing supplies, cleaning common areas, emptying Humanure buckets, restocking firewood, gardening, snow removal, construction, or painting.
- Climbing Wall Holds
- Mosquito Netting, Military Mosquito Netting
- Seeds, plants, trees from Johnny’s or Fedco
- Natural Cleaning Products
- Mason jars, covers, and lids
- Used or new refrigerator
Give the Gift of Attending MPSS
We offer gift certificates that can be used towards any of our programs.
Send a Donation
You can donate either by mailing a check or online via credit or debit card. Send a check payable to Maine Primitive Skills School to the following address:
716 Church Hill Road Augusta, ME 04330
Donate with a credit card on our secure PayPal site by clicking the button below.