Awareness Skills Weekend
August 17 @ 10:00 am - August 18 @ 4:00 pm
Awareness developed to the point of being native to your landscape means being so plugged in with your senses that you are no longer alien, but deeply connected to the natural processes of outdoor living. Experience the development of your physical senses in nature to the point of feeling at home and deeply connected. Notice the subtle signs that tell of changes in weather, the approach of a fox, or reveals the way back to camp.
Native awareness is knowing where you are in relationship to your landscape. We share skills in aid-less navigation, reading patterns in tree growth for useful information, field meteorology, tracking technologies, understanding animal and bird behaviors, natural movement, and reading the history of the landscape through it’s flora and geological features.
What You’ll Learn:
- Develop your nature literacy through Wildlife Tracking, Bird Language, Movement, Aid-less Navigation, and Reading the Forested Landscape.
- Dialogue with the landscape using all of your senses.
- Integrate mindfulness into your outdoor pursuits.
- Extract meaningful information from your surroundings.
- Increase your perceptual abilities and gain confidence through consistent success in observing your environment.
- Read your ecosystem to discover more wildlife, interpret bird and animal behavior, understand tracks and signs, and detect weather patterns.
- Learn to move naturally across your landscape.
- Increase your comfort and connections to the natural world.
Limit: 12 Students
For questions or more details contact the school via e-mail at “[email protected]”