The majority of class time is spent outside, especially during spring, summer, and fall, so if you are coming to a two day class we recommend packing as if you are going on a weekend camping trip. Remember this is Maine. There are 5 seasons (don’t forget mud season) and 4 of them are winter. You are welcome to sleep in our dorm room (Augusta); however, during spring, summer, and fall we recommend you sleep in a tent. Here is a general packing list:
- Sleeping Bag
- Sleeping Pad
- Plate, Fork, Knife, Spoon, and Cup
- Cook Stove, Pot, Cooking Utensils (Augusta has this stuff)
- Wet Weather Clothing (including waterproof boots)
- Cold Weather Clothing (remember this is Maine)
- Water Bottle
- Notebook and Writing Instrument
- Sunscreen and Hat (hot weather)
- 4-6″ Non-folding Sheath Knife
- Bug Repellent, Bug Net, Long sleeves, and Long pants (for bugs)
- Personal Medications
Please bring to class anything else you think you may need to be comfortable. If special tools or materials are required for a specific class, they will be found in the Classes & Workshops page or we will let you know upon registration. No drugs, alcohol, or pets. No smoking in school buildings.
What to bring to Workshops
Workshops are one day long, so you will not need all of the camping equipment necessary for our classes unless two workshops are back to back. You will need a water bottle, weather appropriate clothing(including waterproof boots and headwear), sunscreen, lunch, non-folding(4-6″) sheath knife, notebook, and writing utensil.