Volunteering at MPSS is part of our community building strategy. When you come to a class or workshop here you are not paying for one or two days of classes, you are buying a lifetime of classes. Why? Because any class or workshop you attend you can come back to as a volunteer – for free. We don’t ask much of you. Show up, help students learn, do some chores, and help clean up. All of our instructors started out as students, volunteered, and then worked as assistant instructors before coming on as full instructors. So, stepping through the MPSS door not only gives you the opportunity to become reconnected to your ancestors and the earth, but also to become part of our community, and learn how to teach and spread this sacred knowledge on to following generations.
If you would like to be a volunteer, please contact us at least two weeks prior to a class.
Here is a partial list of duties that might be asked of you:
- Fill water jugs
- Wash dishes left in sink
- Empty composting toilet buckets
- Make sure there is toilet paper in outhouse
- Empty garbage cans
- Empty compost bucket
- Make sure there is firewood in classroom
- Assist with hands on lessons
- Clean classroom, dorm, dojo, and outdoor areas after class is over
- Anything else needed by instructors