Two full years of courses with instructor mentorship.Apply Now
The Non-Residential Apprenticeship is designed for those who want in depth skills training and don’t have big blocks of time to commit to a residential experience. It is specifically for working folks who are passionate about the outdoors. As a non-residential apprentice, your studies at MPSS are covered for one calendar year which includes all courses on the calendar as well as classes offered exclusively to those enrolled in the apprenticeship program. Support and mentoring is available as your time permits.
Similar to the residential apprenticeship, the purpose of the non-residential apprenticeship is to generate experienced skills practitioners who are motivated to grow in their personal skills and share within the context of a talented skills community. The Non-Residential Apprenticeship includes the following opportunities:
- Register for any class open to the public or apprentices offered at the school for a two year timeline.
- Participate in any Apprenticeship Only programs inlcuding: Wild Rice School, 5 day canoe trip, and various leadership trainings
- Camp at our Appretinceship Camping area with access to the outdoor kitchen, bathrooms, and seasonally available shower.
- Support and mentoring from our Staff. This may include developing a custom “learning path” designed to meet your interests, one-on-one nature and wilderness skills mentoring, homework assignments, and more.
- Volunteer at any workshop you have previously attended to gain leadership training by aiding instructors; or work with instructors to modify a particular course to challenge any skill sets pertaining to course material.
The Non Residential is designed so that you can still uphold your integrity towards prior commitments such as family and work, while also still being a part of your wild story and gaining the skills you want.
One payment of $3,200 Due prior to attending first course.
20% non-refundable deposit required 7 days from time of acceptance.