- To Register for a Course contact the School at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the school at (207) 623-7298
Volunteering at MPSS is part of our community building strategy. We could not continue to function without the generous support and service of many volunteers, please consider joining us in this capacity. All of our instructors started out as students and volunteers, and progressed to assistant instructors before coming on as full time instructors. Stepping through the MPSS door not only gives you the opportunity to become reconnected to your ancestors and the earth, but also to become part of our community, and learn how to teach and spread this sacred knowledge on to following generations. Here are a few of the reasons our volunteers value their time helping out at our campus:
- To make new friends and meet fellow students
- To be part of a community
- To express generosity
- To help support and sustain scholarships
- To share expertise and knowledge
- To assist with a special course or project
- To enjoy the restorative beauty of MPSS and its surroundings
- To have fun!
Ways to Volunteer
Assist with data entry and office tasks.
MPSS is seeking volunteers to assist with graphic design, database management, and onsite technical operations.
All green thumbs and enthusiastic helpers – come and get your hands dirty! Join the team of garden volunteers who sustain the landscape at MPSS. Meet community members while spending time outdoors and participate in a large scale permaculture design installation. No gardening experience is necessary.
Work Exchange positions are designed for those who wish to participate in a course they have previously completed. Volunteers work alongside our instructors and staff in exchange for mentoring, skill development, and the opportunity to participate in an ongoing course at no charge. Work exchange volunteers are expected to work approximately 3 hours per day for the duration of the course. Tasks may include organizing supplies, cleaning common areas, emptying Humanure buckets, restocking firewood, gardening, snow removal, construction, or painting.
MPSS Wish List
- Climbing Wall Holds
- Mosquito Netting, Military Mosquito Netting
- Seeds, plants, trees from Johnny’s or Fedco
- Natural Cleaning Products
- Mason jars, covers, and lids
- Used or new refrigerator